420 Holiday / Big Lebowski Inspired Nail Polish Duo - The Dude Abides and Strikes & Gutters
Limited edition! Once these are sold out, they will not be remade!
We've created a duo of fun nail polishes to celebrate 4/20/2020 and The Big Lebowski - we can't guarantee they'll get to you in time to wear them on 4/20, but hey, 4:20 happens every day, right?
This duo is designed to be worn together or apart.
The Dude Abides is a glitter nail polish with a clear base. It features Mary Jane (or hemp, if you prefer) shaped glitters, as well as glitters shaped like black bowling balls, and white glitters reminiscent of bowling pins. The copper shimmer really ties the polish together :)
- Strikes & Gutters is a new addition to our fan-favorite line of matte nail polishes. It's a perfect mellow orange that compliments warm or cool skin tones, based on the color palette of the Dude, Donny & Walter's bowling alley. It features a subtle gold shimmer that comes out to shine if you choose to make this glossy with a top coat.
Photos show 2 coats of Strikes & Gutters or 1 coat of The Dude Abides, either separately or layered on top of one another
About Big Glitter Pieces
- Big glitters like the little Mary Jane leaf shapes in The Dude Abides tend to sink to the bottom of the bottle. We recommend you turn your bottle upside down a few minutes for your mani, to give them time to redistribute, so you can more easily snag them with the brush :)
About Matte Nail Polish:
- When the polish looks matte, it's dry! It will still look glossy in the bottle, and while it's wet!
- No top coat needed!If you use one, and it's not a matte top coat, it will make the polish glossy.
About Our Products
- Handmade in San Francisco, CA
- Designed, mixed & packaged in-house
- Free of phthalates, formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, fragrance, and common allergens
- Store your polish in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight
- Ingredients sometimes settle & gel - give the bottle a few gentle shakes before opening
- Nail polish thickens over time as the solvents inside evaporate. If yours gets too thick, you can bring it back to life with a product called nail polish thinner, sold at any beauty supply store.
- We recommend acetone as the most safe and effective nail polish remover. Moisturize your nails & hands before and after use.
- Ethyl Acetate: An organic compound, used as a solvent to make our ingredients blend well. This naturally occurs in wine.
- Butyl Acetate: An organic compound, also used as a solvent. It naturally occurs in many fruit.
- Nitrocellulose: A film-forming ingredient derived from green plants.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: Also known as rubbing alcohol, used to disperse our dry pigments.
- Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride: A polymer that makes our polish gel and form a good film. Adipic acid is naturally found in mushrooms.
- Sterealkonium Bentonite: A type of natural clay. Gives our matte polishes their special finish.
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate: An organic polymer that keeps our polish flexible on the nail & helps prevent chipping.
- Silica: Also known as the primary component in sand, used as a hardener.
- N-Butyl Alcohol: A natural byproduct of sugar fermentation, used as a solvent.
- Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer: A film former, also used in sunscreen and eye makeup.
- Benzophenone-1: A UV absorber, used to keep our polish colorfast
- Colorants: We use a wide variety of micas, pigments & batch-certified lakes, as well as special ingredients such as Mylar flakes, aluminum powder, and metal and plastic glitters, which we source from reliable manufacturers. All of them are known to be safe for use in nail lacquers