SAMPLE SALE - Limited, discontinued, and OOAK nail polishes!
Hi friends! While doing some studio reorganizing, we uncovered a veritable vault of over 85 different samples and prototypes from our last 9 years in business - and we've decided to share them with you! (Note: as of early 7/27 we've removed all sold-out colors to make it easier for you to shop for what's left!)
We have included a brief description of each color + the color inspiration, in the dropdown menu above. If we have a sample photo of a given color, it will show up when you select it from the menu. Please note that since many of these are prototypes, they may have some variation from the provided photos!
It is super important that you be aware that, while all these polishes have been double-checked for proper consistency and endurance of the formula, none of them are brand new, and all have been used for swatching in the past. We cannot guarantee that all of them will have perfectly clean bottle necks. Some of them have cosmetic issues (affecting the bottle, not the polish inside it!) from pigment that settled over a period of years and has since been properly remixed. You should also know that some of these bottles have our original caps (flat on top) or brushes (round).
Despite their rarity and otherwise great condition, we have priced all these colors to reflect the fact that they are "vintage" samples and as such can be expected to have some quirks! We guarantee all of these meet our general standard of quality in terms of interesting colors & excellent formula :)
About Our Products
- Handmade in San Francisco, CA
- Designed, mixed & packaged in-house
- Free of phthalates, formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, fragrance, and common allergens
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- Store your polish in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight
- Ingredients sometimes settle & gel - give the bottle a few gentle shakes before opening
- Nail polish thickens over time as the solvents inside evaporate. If yours gets too thick, you can bring it back to life with a product called nail polish thinner, sold at any beauty supply store.
- We recommend acetone as the most safe and effective nail polish remover. Moisturize your nails & hands before and after use.
- Ethyl Acetate: An organic compound, used as a solvent to make our ingredients blend well. This naturally occurs in wine.
- Butyl Acetate: An organic compound, also used as a solvent. It naturally occurs in many fruit.
- Nitrocellulose: A film-forming ingredient derived from green plants.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: Also known as rubbing alcohol, used to disperse our dry pigments.
- Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride: A polymer that makes our polish gel and form a good film. Adipic acid is naturally found in mushrooms.
- Sterealkonium Bentonite: A type of natural clay. Gives our matte polishes their special finish.
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate: An organic polymer that keeps our polish flexible on the nail & helps prevent chipping.
- Silica: Also known as the primary component in sand, used as a hardener.
- N-Butyl Alcohol: A natural byproduct of sugar fermentation, used as a solvent.
- Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer: A film former, also used in sunscreen and eye makeup.
- Benzophenone-1: A UV absorber, used to keep our polish colorfast
- Colorants: We use a wide variety of micas, pigments & batch-certified lakes, as well as special ingredients such as Mylar flakes, aluminum powder, and metal and plastic glitters, which we source from reliable manufacturers. All of them are known to be safe for use in nail lacquers