The Precious Sun Nail Polish - rich buttery yellow creme
The Precious Sun is the cheery buttery sunny yellow nail polish of our dreams! It is so hard to find or create a good yellow that isn't really a gold or a light orange - we've been trying for years and are so thrilled with how this shade manifested itself! It has a creme finish, but does have a very soft subtle yellow shimmer to it as well.
This polish does have cool undertones and will work on many skin tones - but like all yellows, it would look most flattering folks with deeper, warmer undertones to their skin.
Photos show 3 thin coats in outdoor light (pointy nails) or indoor light (short nails)
Inspiration: The sunlight-rich, soft yet jewel-toned, color palette of the cult horror film, Midsommar.
About Our Products
- Handmade in San Francisco, CA
- Designed, mixed & packaged in-house
- Free of phthalates, formaldehyde, toluene, camphor, fragrance, and common allergens
- Store your polish in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight
- Ingredients sometimes settle & gel - give the bottle a few gentle shakes before opening
- Nail polish thickens over time as the solvents inside evaporate. If yours gets too thick, you can bring it back to life with a product called nail polish thinner, sold at most beauty supply stores - or in our shop!
- We recommend acetone or soy-based removers the most safe and effective nail polish removers. Moisturize your nails & hands before and after use, or use our Remover Remedy to moisturize & remove your polish at the same time!
- Ethyl Acetate: An organic compound, used as a solvent to make our ingredients blend well. This naturally occurs in wine.
- Butyl Acetate: An organic compound, also used as a solvent. It naturally occurs in many fruit.
- Nitrocellulose: A film-forming ingredient derived from green plants.
- Isopropyl Alcohol: Also known as rubbing alcohol, used to disperse our dry pigments.
- Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride: A polymer that makes our polish gel and form a good film. Adipic acid is naturally found in mushrooms.
- Sterealkonium Bentonite: A type of natural clay. Gives our matte polishes their special finish.
- Acetyl Tributyl Citrate: An organic polymer that keeps our polish flexible on the nail & helps prevent chipping.
- Silica: Also known as the primary component in sand, used as a hardener.
- N-Butyl Alcohol: A natural byproduct of sugar fermentation, used as a solvent.
- Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer: A film former, also used in sunscreen and eye makeup.
- Benzophenone-1: A UV absorber, used to keep our polish colorfast
- Colorants: We use a wide variety of micas, pigments & batch-certified lakes, as well as special ingredients such as Mylar flakes, aluminum powder, and metal and plastic glitters, which we source from reliable manufacturers. All of them are known to be safe for use in nail lacquers